St Michael's Hall
CMRS is located in St Michael’s Hall within 150 yards of Carfax, the ancient crossroads of the city and centre of Oxford’s academic, cultural and social life. Excavations opposite the Hall in Shoe Lane support a tenth-century date for the layout of the streets and lanes adjacent to the building.
St Michael’s Hall, built in the years between 1869 and 1875, was acquired in 1978. It is a tall rectangular building in red brick with large arched windows. From an arcade, the entrance leads upstairs to four floors on which are located the various activities of CMRS.
A variety of accommodation is available to students: forty live in single and double rooms in St Michael’s Hall and others reside in student lodgings or private homes within a mile or two of central Oxford. A Junior Dean is responsible at night for student welfare in St Michael’s Hall. All properties are carefully inspected, and care is taken to ensure that they are well-equipped, comfortable and well-located in relation to CMRS and Keble.
By clicking on the links below you can take a virtual tour of St Michael’s Hall: